Recipe by English_Rose
Try this simple but luxurious pasta dish, ideal for serving up to friends for an informal meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, shredded
- 7 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh tagliatelle pasta noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Fry the onion gently until softened, around 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine, bring to the boil and cook briskly for 1 minute.
- Mix in the heavy cream. Mix in the cayenne, paprika and 5 tablespoons of dill. Cook stirring for a further 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook until 'al dente', around 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large serving bowl toss together the tagliatelle and the salmon cream sauce. Sprinkle over the remaining dill and serve at once.