Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a classic Essence of Emeril episode (circa 1996). This is my favorite homemade salad dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. I use my handy chopper.
- If the dressing is too thick, thin with more cream.
- To roast garlic - slice the top off a whole head of garlic. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Wrap up and bake at 400 for about 40 minutes.
I wanted to buy Paul Newmans "Creamy roasted garlic dressing" but does not seem to be on the shop shelf anymore. Went looking, found this one. Unbelievable! I highly recommend I will never need to buy from shop again.