1/1 Photo of Creamy Potato Soup
Photo Momma's Note:
Everyone has their own favorite potato soup recipe. This is mine! I got it from my friend Melanie who is an excellent cook. I like to puree ALL of the potatoes, but you certainly don't have to. Leave some chunky potatoes if you wish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, saute the onion and celery in the butter until tender. (I use a stock pot/soup pot).
- 2Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- 3Bring to a boil; boil covered until potatoes are fork tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- 4Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth; return to pot.
- 5Stir in Velveeta cheese, milk, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 6Cover and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- 7Serve and Enjoy! I like to serve this soup with homemade sourdough croutons. Yum!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 2107.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 20.1 g