Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a nice change from regular mashed potatoes, this recipe only serves 2-3 people you could double or triple to serve more --- cooking time does not include cooking the potatoes.
Top Review by Hill Family
This was super easy and a great way to use mashed potatoes left over from another meal. I didn't care for the texture of the baked in onion rings but DH really did. We used fat free milk and fat free sour cream with no adverse taste or texture. Thanks Kitten for a recipe I will make again.
- 354.88-473.18 ml hot mashed potatoes, made with
- butter, and
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml milk or 29.58 ml half-and-half
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- durkee French fried onion rings (use the whole can or to taste)
- 177.44-236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 1-qt baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spoon half into a greased baking dish, then layer with half of onion rings and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 mins or until cheese is melted.