1/2 Photos of Creamy Polenta With Wild Mushrooms
Eagle Mountain Outfitters takes groups on excursions into the Montana wilderness and then serves them gourmet meals! This is a wonderful dish made even more heavenly when served in the great outdoors! This would make a lovely side for your turkey this Thanksgiving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onions, chopped coarse (12 oz.)
- 1/2 cup white mushroom, chopped coarse (4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped fine
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms, chopped coarse, rinsed and soaked in water 10 minutes (or cepe mushrooms)
- 5 fluid ounces olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped fine or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped fine or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 quarts vegetable stock or 2 quarts chicken stock
- 12 ounces coarse polenta (or yellow cornmeal-about 1 1/2 cups)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces aged asiago cheese, grated fine (or Fontine about 1/2 cup)
- 8 -10 fresh wild mushrooms (portobella, shitake, chanterelle, oyster, etc.)
- fresh basil sprig (to garnish)
- 1Sauté the onions, white mushrooms, garlic and the porcini in 4 fl oz of olive oil until lightly colored. Add basil, oregano and stock; bring to a boil.
- 2Slowly stir in polenta. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often. The polenta should be thick and creamy. Add more stock if needed. Adjust the seasonings and keep warm.
- 3Just before serving, add cream and cheese and stir vigorously.
- 4Sauté the wild mushrooms in the remaining olive oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Spoon the polenta onto warm plate and garnish with the wild mushrooms and a sprig of fresh basil. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Polenta With Wild Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1092.2
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 81.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: