Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A sweet, creamy orange salad. From taste of home.
- 4 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boilingn water. Stir in ice cream and orange juice until blended. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in oranges. Pour into two 6 cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Just before serving, unmold.
This was yummy. I left out the oranges. It tasted a lot like orange sherbet. I also tried it with cherry jello and cherry juice but I did not like it as well as the orange.