Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe in Southern Living magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by TheShields
*NOTE* I prepared the recipe with only 1 cup of sour cream and 3 green onions, I think these two ingredients were typed in twice on the recipe. I served these potatoes last night with Best Grilled Pork Chops (recipe #27210) and grilled asparagus. They were an excellent addition to the meal. The flavor was very good and the texture was creamy, thanks for posting!
- 3 lbs all purpose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (6oz)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 2-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart sauce pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and mash.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, Hellmann's real mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and 4 strips crumbled bacon. Turn into prepared baking dish and bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Top each remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bacon. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped green onions.