Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in Southern Living magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 3 lbs all purpose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (6oz)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 2-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart sauce pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and mash.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, Hellmann's real mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and 4 strips crumbled bacon. Turn into prepared baking dish and bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Top each remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bacon. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped green onions.
*NOTE* I prepared the recipe with only 1 cup of sour cream and 3 green onions, I think these two ingredients were typed in twice on the recipe. I served these potatoes last night with Best Grilled Pork Chops (Best Grilled Pork Chops) and grilled asparagus. They were an excellent addition to the meal. The flavor was very good and the texture was creamy, thanks for posting!