1/1 Photo of Creamy Linquuni Stuffed Tomato #A1
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. The robust sauce that A.1. makes, pairs perfectly with these stuffed tomatoes. Sometimes the sauce makes the entire dish, especially true in this recipe! You will be asked to make this recipe again and again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta a minute less then package directions for al dente.
- 2In a small sauce pan with 1 tablespoon oil, cook ¼ of the diced onion and 1 clove of diced garlic, on medium - low heat, until softened. Add in the inside of 4 hollowed out tomatoes and the remaining tomato that has been chopped, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer tomatoes until tender and fallen apart. Carefully puree sauce in blender or processer. Return to pan and keep warm.
- 3In a small skillet on medium heat lightly toast walnuts then set aside.
- 4Meanwhile; in a large skillet with remaining oil sauté the remaining onion on medium -low heat until starting to soften, add in remaining garlic and cook for another minute. Toss in washed spinach, and continue to cook until spinach is wilted. Add drained pasta (reserve a cup of pasta water) to spinach mixture, stir in goat cheese and walnuts, thin sauce with pasta water if needed, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Fill hollowed out tomatoes with pasta. Set on a cookie sheet and cook in oven for about 20 minutes or until tomato softens. Place sauce on serving plate(s) top with stuffed tomato and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Linquuni Stuffed Tomato #A1
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.6
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce