Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. The robust sauce that A.1. makes, pairs perfectly with these stuffed tomatoes. Sometimes the sauce makes the entire dish, especially true in this recipe! You will be asked to make this recipe again and again!
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, Diced
- 3 garlic cloves, Diced
- 5 large fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup goat cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta a minute less then package directions for al dente.
- In a small sauce pan with 1 tablespoon oil, cook ¼ of the diced onion and 1 clove of diced garlic, on medium - low heat, until softened. Add in the inside of 4 hollowed out tomatoes and the remaining tomato that has been chopped, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer tomatoes until tender and fallen apart. Carefully puree sauce in blender or processer. Return to pan and keep warm.
- In a small skillet on medium heat lightly toast walnuts then set aside.
- Meanwhile; in a large skillet with remaining oil sauté the remaining onion on medium -low heat until starting to soften, add in remaining garlic and cook for another minute. Toss in washed spinach, and continue to cook until spinach is wilted. Add drained pasta (reserve a cup of pasta water) to spinach mixture, stir in goat cheese and walnuts, thin sauce with pasta water if needed, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill hollowed out tomatoes with pasta. Set on a cookie sheet and cook in oven for about 20 minutes or until tomato softens. Place sauce on serving plate(s) top with stuffed tomato and serve. Enjoy!
Brilliant.....the pairing of goat cheese and walnuts...yum, the perfect amount of pasta with a wonderful sauce that won't leave you with that pasta coma feeling!
Very creative! Yumm....
Love this recipe