Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was recommended to me by MTDavids-it's so good I'm passing it along to you! From Rachael Ray on 30 Minute Meals. New England, Mid Atlantic regions, Italy.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, heaping
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- To make the dressing:.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest (grated yellow part of lemon) and lemon juice. Add pepper and whisk the dressing and pour in the extra-virgin olive oil slowly while you whisk. Once the oil is combined with the the lemon juice and the mayonnaise, switch utensils and stir in the cheese and a pinch of salt with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Chop up the lettuce into 2-inch pieces. Place the lettuce in a salad bowl and top with the dressing, and serve. Enjoy!
LOVED this dressing! It was creamy but at the same time went on very light. I added 1 clove minced garlic and just a sprinkle of dill. Served this on a salad of romaine, cheddar & croutons.
Very good. We made it just the way it says. Thanks!
Very much like caesar dressing without the garlic. We loved it. I skipped the lemon zest and used only about 1tbsp lemon juice and cut the olive oil back to 2 tbsp. This will make a regular appearance at our house. Thx.