Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
This cleanser is wonderful to use after an intense workout or after time in the sun. It's great for oily skin. Remember to apply this after sun exposure, not before, as the lemon juice may attract the sun's rays and can cause sunburn.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely ground oats
- 1 teaspoon fresh liquid aloe vera, juice (you can use water if you don't have aloe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pulp (the pulp)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cornmeal, lemon zest and oats.
- Add the aloe, yogurt and lemon pulp and whisk until creamy.
- Spread Creamy Lemon Cleanser over oily areas of your face and massage gently using circular strokes. Avoid scrubbing the area around your eyes and lips as the skin is especially sensitive in those areas.
- Rinse well using warm water.
- Pat excess water from face and apply toner and light moisturizer.
- Creamy Lemon Cleanser is great to use 2 or 3 times a week instead of your usual cleanser and can be stored in the refrigerator between uses for several weeks. Remember that the longer you massage it into the skin (no more than about 10 minutes each time), the more effective a cleanser it will be.