Recipe by Juenessa
This cake is light & delicious! The lemon flavor is not overpowering. If you want it more "lemoney" try adding 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest and 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to the batter.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees for metal or glass pans or 325 degrees for dark or coated pans.
- Grease sides and bottom of a 9 X 13 pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Blend dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened. (Add lemon zest and fresh lemon juice at this point if you are going to).
- Now beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan and bake immediately.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Poke holes in cake while still hot with the round handle of a wooden spoon.
- Make gelatin with only 1 cup of boiling water.
- Pour liquid gelatin over cake while hot. Cool cake completely.
- Beat together whipped topping, pudding mix, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over cooled cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- **Cook time does not include cooling cake completely.