Recipe by smiles4u
This was in the most recent issue of Kraft Food and Family. I haven't made it yet, but I certainly will. This would be best in a glass trifle bowl so the layers are visible. Time does include refrigeration time.
- 1 (9 ounce) package angel food cake
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups light whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen mixed berries, thawed and well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cake into cubes; place in large bowl. Combine orange juice and almond extract. Drizzle over cake cubes; toss lightly.
- Pour milk into another large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of whipped topping.
- Layer half the cake cubes in the bottom of a 2 qt glass serving bowl. Reserve a few berries to garnish. Top with layers of half each of the remaining berries and pudding mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap. refrigerate 2 to 6 hours before serving.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and reserved berries just before serving.