- 500 g asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices ham, cut into strips
- 500 g tagliatelle pasta noodles or 500 g fettuccine
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain, setting aside some of the cooking water.
- Cool and slice on the diagonal.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan, before adding the onion.
- Sauté until soft and then add the ham, cooking for a further minute.
- Add the asparagus and a ladle full of the cooking water.
- Simmer until most of the water has evaporated.
- Set aside while cooking the pasta in a separate pot, until al dente.
- When the pasta is nearly ready, reheat the sauce and add the cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for five minutes or until reduced by half.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.