Recipe by PDX Meems
This is a wonderful way to use celery root! It is based on the recipe of the same name from The Complete Vegan Cookbook.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Absolutely fantastic! I loved this soup! I could hardly believe that so few ingredients could make a soup this wonderful so quickly. Will definitely be making this again and again. I never know what to do with celery root, and this recipe will now make me a loyal consumer!
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups plain soymilk or 2 cups milk
- 1 cup dried French lentils
- 2 cups peeled and diced celery root or 1 medium celery root
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh ground white pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the stock, soy milk, lentils, celery root, garlic, bay leaves, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cook 35-40 minutes, until the lentils are tender and the mixture is moderately thick. Remove bay leaves.
- Puree the beans slightly with an immersion blender or transfer half of the mixture to a blender jar and puree, then return it to the pan. Stir in the salt and parsley and serve hot.