Delicious dairy-free version of cucumber dressing. I liked to use 2 small cucumbers, rather than 1 large because of the seeds. IF using a large or non-organic cucumber, make sure there is no wax on the peel, and scrap some of the seeds out! For a thicker, creamier dressing add more cashews and less water; for a thinner, lighter dressing add more water and fewer nuts.
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped (peel and all if organic)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1⁄4 cup water (more or less depending on how thick you like)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dried dill (or 1/2 bunch fresh)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (to taste)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender, adding water as needed.
- If using fresh dill, blend 1/2 of it at first, them add the rest after the cucumbers and cashews are smooth!
- Dressing will thicken in fridge.