Recipe by appleydapply
This is a delicious, easy, homemade mac & cheese recipe. I originally found it on a freezer-cooking website. But I could never freeze any of it - it gets eaten too fast! It's great for potlucks; kids and adults all love it.
Top Review by HokiesMom
This turned out wonderfully. I did sub in a bit of half-and-half for some of the milk to make it creamier and had to add another 1/2 cup of milk after 2 hours of cook time. It was finished in 3 hours perfectly. The one thing I've found with crockpot pasta is using the largest/thickest noodles possible as they tend not to overcook as easily as say a macaroni noodle. I used a thick rigged macaroni noodle in this recipe and was not disappointed as it turned out creamy and good. I did add some pepper to give it a bit of kick from the beginning and skipped on the dry milk because I did not have any on hand. Great crock pot meal.
- 1 lb macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni on the stove top per package directions.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the powdered milk in the fluid milk (this will be easier if the milk is warm - but it's not necessary - it's OK if a small amount of powdered milk is not completely dissolved).
- Combine the milk mixture with the cheese soup and grated cheese in the crock pot. When the macaroni is done, drain and add it to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low setting for 2 1/2 hours.