Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great to top off banana cakes! simple and oh so creamy! The cake must be refrigerated after topped with frosting. The recipe may be doubled.
- 473.18 ml icing sugar
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 14.79-44.37 ml whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (starting with 1 tablespoon cream).
- Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and combined (make sure to beat on high speed of an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes, as it will become very creamy and smooth), adjusting with more whipping cream until desired texture is achieved.
- Refrigerate cake after frosting.
This is a good cream cheese frosting. With only 2 cups of icing sugar, it doesn't make alot. I used it to top a bundt cake. If you want to fill and frost a 8" or 9" cake you'll probably need 1 1/2 to 2 times this recipe.