Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy to make cream soup...
Make and share this Creamy Crab and Broccoli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 quart milk
- 1 quart heavy cream (or two cans of evaporated milk + ½ c. water)
- 4 heads broccoli, sliced thin
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in soup pot, add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, add flour to make roux.
- Blend in milk and cream, mix well.
- Add cayenne pepper, pepper and salt to taste.
- When slightly thick, add broccoli and crabmeat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.