Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is an adopted recipe that goes with the seafood cakes recipe that I also adopted.
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup poblano chile, chopped fine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the shallots in the clarified butter in a 10 inch frying pan.
- When tender, add corn and chilies.
- Cook a minute or two then add the wine.
- Boil to reduce by one-third.
- Stir in the Cream and bring to a boil again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Puree 2/3 of the corn sauce then stir back into remainder.
- Serve warm with seafood cakes.