Recipe by Culinary Connoisseur
Creamy cilantro pesto is great as a topping for chicken, Use it as a dip at your party, pesto pizza or you can use it as it was intended...on pasta or gnocchi. Very yummy and a great way for kids to get in veggies and dairy! it makes your kitchen smell so good,....it reminded me of spring. I hope you enjoy! ***This makes about 3 cups of pesto** **Can also be stored for up to 5 days in refrigerator**
- 1 bunch cilantro (the large stems cut off near the bottom of the bunch)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves (whole)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bunch green onion (green parts only)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup broccoli (about 1 crown,stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons basil (dried)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (ok to use bottled kind for spaghetti)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (can use olive if you want)
- 3 tablespoons laughing cow swiss cheese (approximately 3 wedges, individually wrapped soft spread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cilantro, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, green onions, and salt in the blender.
- Blend until formed into a smooth paste.
- Add Broccoli, Oil and basil, Blend until smooth.
- Last add Parmesan Cheese and the Swiss cheese. **If at this point the mixture is too thick add more oil and lemon juice a little at a time -- remember a little goes a long way.
- Pulse on high until it has turned into a creamy consistency.