Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is smooth, rich and very creamy. You will LOVE this frosting! Use a good quality chocolate syrup like Hershey's brand or similar for the best tasting frosting.
Top Review by GimmeChocolate
I created an account to write this review! Hands down the best chocolate frosting recipe I've used! I have made plenty of buttercream chocolate frostings but they all end up so heavy. The chocolate syrup in this one allows you to use less butter and the result is a smooth and decadent chocolate frosting. This one is going in the recipe book for sure!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (no subs)
- 1⁄2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (measure out 3 cups before sifting)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream (or use half and half, more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer on low speed beat the butter, sifted cocoa powder and chocolate syrup until just combined.
- Add in the sifted confectioners sugar, whipping cream and vanilla; beat on low speed until the confectioners sugar is combined; increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 more minute until smooth and spreadable (add in more whipping cream or sugar if needed to achieve desired consistency).