Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can also make this dish with canned tuna in the place of the chicken.
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,undrained
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 7 X 11 in.
- baking dish with vegetable spray and set aside.
- Combine the soup, water, mayonnaise, and curry powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle the rice over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Layer the spinach evenly over the top of the rice.
- Cover the spinach with half of the sou mix, then top with the chicken, then the remaining soup.
- Sprinkle the chees over the top and bake, uncovered, until bubbly and golden brown, about 1 hour.
it was delicious!!!!!!! i just had it tonight and will definitely have it again and again. The best part, it was very easy and quick to prepare. Lots of flavor!
My goal is to get my toddler to eat more veggies, so i pureed the spinach and just mixed it in with the soup mixture. I also will cook it closer to an hour and a half next time because the rice didn't cook fully. My toddler truly liked it!!
This was not for us. It was too thick and the sauce tasted too sweet. I had to squeeze some lemon juice over it. I did like the way it browned up though.