Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
The difference between this marsala and the others is the cream. Really simple, really good. Great for company, but quick to fix. source: 365 ways to cook chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Pound breasts to 1/4 inch. In large frying pan, melt 2 Tbl butter over med heat.
- Add chicken and saute until lightly browned (4 min). Remove and set aside.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons of butter in pan. Add shallots and mushrooms (3-5 min).
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add Marsala, bring to boil. Add cream and lemon juice and return to boil. Salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan. Cook turning in sauce to finish cooking (3 minutes).
- Serve over noodles or rice. (Instead of pounded breasts I sometimes substitute the frozen chicken tenders--they are so small and tender pounding isn't necessary).
Halved the recipe - still fabulous! Thanks for a great recipe!
I made this for the Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #34. This was delicious and quick to put together. My DH especially liked it!
Chicken marsala is one of my favorite meals and this is by far my favorite recipe. It's so easy to make yet its impressive enough to serve to dinner guests who always ask for the recipe. I like to serve it over garlic mashed potatoes. Simply devine!