1/2 Photos of Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This soup was inspired by my co-workers love for the Panera's Cream of Chicken and Rice soup - I made my take of it and she loved it so here it is for all of you! A little healthier in that it doesn't have any heavy cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken (breast with bone in works beast and a "little" skin)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 14 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (kosher)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground)
- 2 bay leaves
- 14 ounces long grain and wild rice blend (Carolina seasoned Long Grain and wild rice)
- 14 3/4 ounces creamed corn
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cream (fat free half & half)
- 1In a large stock pot over high heat add 1 tbsp olive oil - season the chicken breasts with fresh pepper and sea salt, place into the pot and brown on all sides, approximately 10 minutes total.
- 2Add onions, garlic, celery, carrots and bay leaves. Season.
- 3Add 14 cups water and lower heat to medium. Simmer for 2 hours.
- 4Remove chicken breasts from soup, debone meat and chop into cubes and return to soup.
- 5Add 3 pkgs of the Carolina wild & long grain rice seasoned (this equals 14 oz), can of cream corn, and corn. Slow cook for 30 minutes.
- 6In a small pot melt butter, add salt, pepper and flour, slowly ladle in soup of the soup stock - add cream and return to the soup pot. Cook for 10 minutes at medium high heat to bring to a boil. Stir frequently . Serve with a nice crusty bread! Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 284.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend