Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
As published in the winter 2007 edition of Raley's Something Extra magazine.
- 3 cups cooked chicken meat, shredded
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) jars chicken gravy
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 6 tablespoons water
- Combine chicken, broth and vegetables in a large saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in gravy and herbs and bring to boil again.
- Stir together Bisquick and water.
- Drop by tiny 1/2 teaspoonful onto soup.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
Loved the recipe. Quick and easy. I have a very picky 17 year old daughter. She found this recipe. She also liked it! I doubled the amount of dumplings. It took about 20 minutes for the dumplings to cook and for the soup to turn creamy. It was a hit in our house!
Very good! I used broth for the total ounces of gravy and broth then added 1/2 c flour mixed into water to thicken. I also made my own dumplings from scratch... still the idea of a creamy chicken soup with dumplings is perfect for winter!
Very good!!! I doubled the amount of dumplings and it was delish~