Recipe by Mirj
I'm cutting down on carbs and invented this crustless quiche this morning. I made two versions, one with tuna and one without. You can adapt this recipe using vegetables that you like. It's very creamy and yummy, and I'm pretty proud of it if I do say so myself!
Top Review by yooper
I made this for Sunday brunch yesterday. Followed the directions exactly except I substituted oregano for the za'atar spice mix, as Mirj suggested. I also added a handful of leftover fresh broccoli to the mix. This was very creamy and cheesy as the title suggests! There were only four of us but we didn't have any problems eating the entire dish! Another winner Mirj-keep them coming!
- 1 medium leek, sliced finely
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 roasted red peppers packed in oil, drained (I used jarred peppers)
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheese (I like Edam or Cheddar)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- paprika, to taste
- za'atar spice mix, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the leek and place in a large bowl.
- Add the canned mushrooms.
- Drain the red peppers and dice.
- Add them to the bowl.
- Add the cheese, cream, eggs, salt and pepper, paprika and za'atar.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Optional addition: add one can of tunafish.