Hearty Comfort FOOD!!!
Make and share this Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put cauliflower and onion soup mix in pot and cover with cold water, Bring to boil and simmer till softened, about 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is simmering, melt butter in a micro proof bowl and stir in flour add milk and stir.
- When cauliflower is soft blend in blender with the white sauce to puree.
- Making sure to use all the liquid.
- Put back into stock pot and add cheeses stirring to melt.
- Add seasonings.
- Add more water or milk to thin if needed simmer 5 more minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
I made this for a potluck and got nothing but compliments. I didn't have pepper jack cheese on hand, so I just used cheddar and added a 4-oz can of diced green chilies to give it some kick, which seemed to work fine.
The family enjoyed this soup especially my DD. I didn't have monterey jack pepper cheese just plain ole monterey and used a homemade mix for the onion soup mix.
This is a lovely creamy and cheesy soup. I wasn't over the moon with the background taste of the onion soup mix. Next time I think I will use fresh onions and chicken broth. My husband thought it was great. I just used the wand blender and it worked great. Thanks for a very good recipe.