Recipe by Jane' Burch
This one is a great one. It makes a ton though, so make sure you pot is big enough!
- 6 -9 slices cooked bacon, crumbled*
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 6 cups diced potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (10 1/3 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 20 5⁄8 ounces soup cans milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 3 cups broccoli, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside. Crumble when cooled.(Omit this step if using bacon bits).
- Cook potatoes for 5 minutes from start of boiling.
- Combine onions, bacon, potatoes, broccoli, chicken soup, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low heat.
- Serve when potatoes are done and cheese is melted.
- This recipe works best in a crock-pot when cooked all day long.
- *3-4 tablespoons Bacon bits may be used instead of sliced bacon.
- *2 tablespoons Chopped Onion may be used instead.