Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Paula Deen and easy to make Suggested Serving: your favorite bread or croutons I like to eat texas toast or sliced french bread. It also is a nice compliment for a sandwich or burger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 large pimientos, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- salt and black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a saucepan, saute onion and pimentos in butter for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Blend in flour.
- Add stock and cream.
- Cook until thick.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add 1/4 cup green onions, salt and pepper, to taste, and cayenne if desired.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
Very good. Quick and easy for a work night.
This was very good although I used low fat milk instead of cream. It still tasted rich and creamy. Garlic croutons were a great addition.
This soup is to die for! It's very creamy and rich. I omit the pimientos and cayenne pepper but follow the rest of the recipe. This is a fabulous soup.