Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
I came up with this recipe in attempt to please my husband who is not keen on fake meats. We all loved this dish and I don't believe he realized that the strips were not real chicken breast. The 6 year old licked his plate - literally. So if you happened to grab a bag and are wondering what on earth to do with it.... give this recipe a try. I know you will love it!
- 12 ounces vegetarian chicken strips or 12 ounces Morningstar Farms Meal Starters chicken strips, thawed and cut into thirds
- 8 ounces campanelle pasta (your favorite pasta will work) or 8 ounces linguine, cooked al dente (your favorite pasta will work)
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning (see below for recipe)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream (I use one cup heavy cream and one cup milk)
- 4 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I use Hungarian Hot Paprika)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Add Cajun Seasoning to a medium sized bowl.
- Spray thawed chik'n pieces with a little bit of Pam and toss in bowl to coat with seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chik'n pieces in butter until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add green onion, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through until sauce slightly thickens. If the sauce gets too thick you can just add more milk and stir.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss,with Parmesan cheese.