Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich, butery, hearty soup.
- 1 butternut squash or 1 buttercup squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 396.89 g can vegetable broth (or Chicken broth)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml cooked bacon, pieces
- In a large saucepan combine squash and vegetable broth. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Mash squash chunks with a potato masher. Stir in butter, salt, pepper, and brown sugar until butter melts.
- Stir in sour cream and cheese; heat through.
- Sprinkle each serving with bacon pieces.