Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Recieved this recipe from Taste of Home, and my family loves Butterscotch and as this goes together so fast and easy it's a winner for my family. Topped with whipped cream - couldn't get much easier. Prep time does not include cooling and refridgeration.
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Pour into four individual dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled.