Recipe by Coraniaid
Found originally here: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/02/creamy-brussels-sprouts-gratin-with-blue-cheese-recipe.html
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wow, this was rich and delicious! I saw the recipe and thought how could this not be great? It was great! It may seem like a bit much blue cheese, but the amount is just right. I made this exactly as written. I would love this as a Thanksgiving side dish. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim & cut sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Heat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bring a medium pot of salted water to boil.
- Butter a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the water, bring back to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes. Drain, dry well, and arrange the sprouts in the buttered baking dish. Crumble the blue cheese over the sprouts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, milk and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream mixture over the spouts, top with Parmesan, and transfer to the oven. Bake until the cream is bubbling and the top has begun to brown, 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.