Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
A nice appetizer during the fall. Very easy to prepare and can be served at a dinner party. I received this recipe from a friend years ago.
- 8 ounces brie cheese (1 round of Brie with rind)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (approximately)
- 1 -2 apple, cored and cut into thick slices
- 4 -8 slices ham, sliced in half and then rolled (like a tube)
- 1 baguette, sliced (use a good crusty bakery baguette)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place round of brie into glass or ceramic pie dish. Drizzle with maple syrup. (Note: If you do not care for the rind, you may slice off the top layer of rind before drizzling with maple syrup.).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
- Arrange apple slices and ham around brie and serve with baguette slices.
- Optional: Warm apple wedges and rolls of ham in baking dish with brie during the last few minutes of baking. (I usually skip this step.).
I never thought that I was ever in any danger of not liking this recipe,it was always a case of how much I liked it-I LOVED it! What's not to love about hot gooey brie? I skipped the apples and just used ham and salami..just delicious!! Made for PRMR.
This was delicious, loved it..nothing better than a warm yummy brie with apples and the syrup was perfect
This was really excellent and very easy to make. It was the perfect addition to our autumn brunch table. The apples were soft and puffy and the ham was floating in maple syrup. Divine! Thanks for posting this. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag Game.