Recipe by swissms
A nice appetizer during the fall. Very easy to prepare and can be served at a dinner party. I received this recipe from a friend years ago.
Top Review by Noo
I never thought that I was ever in any danger of not liking this recipe,it was always a case of how much I liked it-I LOVED it! What's not to love about hot gooey brie? I skipped the apples and just used ham and salami..just delicious!! Made for PRMR.
- 8 ounces brie cheese (1 round of Brie with rind)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (approximately)
- 1 -2 apple, cored and cut into thick slices
- 4 -8 slices ham, sliced in half and then rolled (like a tube)
- 1 baguette, sliced (use a good crusty bakery baguette)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place round of brie into glass or ceramic pie dish. Drizzle with maple syrup. (Note: If you do not care for the rind, you may slice off the top layer of rind before drizzling with maple syrup.).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
- Arrange apple slices and ham around brie and serve with baguette slices.
- Optional: Warm apple wedges and rolls of ham in baking dish with brie during the last few minutes of baking. (I usually skip this step.).