Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
You've never had baked apples like this before! This is an old family recipe that is 'required' at Thanksgiving but eaten all year round.
Top Review by Legna
I was looking for a different bedtime snack for my daughters, when I found this recipe I knew it would be perfect. Both girls loved it! I used Gala apples & forgot to use the butter, but it turned out great! We topped it with ice cream. Will definitely be making this again.
- 3 -4 granny smith apples
- cinnamon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel& core apples, cut in eights.
- (I use my apple corer/slicer and then just peel the slices) Place in a baking dish, and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake in microwave on HIGH for about 10 minutes or until fork inserts easily, stirring at least once.
- Remove from microwave and set aside.
- In saucepan bring flour, sugar and milk to a boil over medium heat (it will be thick) stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir well.
- Pour over apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if you desire.
- Serve hot or let cool some.