You've never had baked apples like this before! This is an old family recipe that is 'required' at Thanksgiving but eaten all year round.
- Peel& core apples, cut in eights.
- (I use my apple corer/slicer and then just peel the slices) Place in a baking dish, and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake in microwave on HIGH for about 10 minutes or until fork inserts easily, stirring at least once.
- Remove from microwave and set aside.
- In saucepan bring flour, sugar and milk to a boil over medium heat (it will be thick) stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir well.
- Pour over apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if you desire.
- Serve hot or let cool some.