1/1 Photo of Creamed Tuna Fish on a Shingle
Megan Yonak's Note:
Oh how I love this comfort food. This has been a staple piece in my diet since I was a little girl- It makes me happy.... Best on a cold winter night!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over med heat in small sauce pan.
- 2Add flour slowly, stirring constantly until well combined (it should form a smooth paste with no balls of flour still hidden).
- 3Add milk slowly, stirring in between each addition till all is smooth and not curdled looking.
- 4Add salt and pepper.
- 5Lastly, add the tuna fish and bring to a low boil. If sauce is too thick for your liking, add more milk -- too thin, add more flour.
- 6*sauce will thicken a bit as it simmers*.
- 7I like to add more pepper- towards the 1/2 teaspoons mark- but add to your liking.
- 8Toast 6 slices of bread in toaster, immediately upon removing from toaster put a large spoonful of tuna mixture on top of toast and spread evenly over top.
- 9Grate desired amount of cheese on top and serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Tuna Fish on a Shingle
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 315.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g