Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best benedict recipe i've ever tried. takes a while to make, but well worth it.
Make and share this Creamed Spinach Eggs Benedict recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, wrapped in paper towel to dry
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups butter
- 8 English muffins
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 1⁄8 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Melt 1/2 stick butter over medium heat in skillet,add onion.Cook onion until transparent-NOT BROWN!Add heavy cream,spinach.Increase temperature to simmer.Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Melt 3 1/2 sticks butter.
- Seperate 5 egg yolks.discard whites.
- Place 5 yolks in blender, add lemon juice,vinegar,1/2 teaspoons salt,1 teaspoons cayenne pepper.Blend on high, add butter SLOWLY while blending until thick. Add water if too thick.Stand blender cup in sink of hot water to keep from thickening while cooling.
- Poach eggs as needed.
- Toast english muffins.
- Heat canadian bacon.
- Assemble benedict from bottom to top as follows:.
- Muffin half.
- Slice of canadian bacon.
- Layer of creamed spinach.
- Poached egg.
- Gratuitous layer of hollandaise.
- TIP:TO DECREASE COOKING TIME, USE MICROWAVEABLE EGG POACHER!
Fast, easy, and yummy. I've never made hollandaise sauce that you didn't need to cook on a double boiler, but this was an alternative that on a sleepy weekend morning is a very welcome thing! One catch: If you blend the sauce in a blender it's not quite enough, so I'd recommend using a mini food processor, or doubling the recipie so you can cheat and use a blender :) Thanks for the recipie!!!