1/2 Photos of Creamed Spinach
Lovely Popeye food!! evolved from Cooking light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the spinach with cold water, drain.
- 2Place a large dutch oven over medium heat, add spinach.
- 3(Spinach will need to be tightly packed into the pan to cook all of it in one batch.) Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring well after 2 minutes.
- 4Place spinach in a colander, and drain well, pressing the spinach with the back of a spoon to remove as much moisture a possible.
- 5Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- 6Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Combine flour, nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon salt, add to pan, stirring well.
- 8Cook for 30 seconds.
- 9Add milk and cheese, stirring with a whisk, cook for 1 minute or until thick.
- 10Add spinach, and cook for 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 300.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g