Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Epicurious. Serve on toast points.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add leeks; sauté until tender but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup cream to skillet; cook over very low heat until almost all of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat broiler. Butter medium broilerproof dish. Stir salmon into leek mixture. Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
- Pour 2 tablespoons cream over leek mixture. Broil until top is golden brown, watching closely to avoid burning, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives.