1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the cucumbers if waxed.
- 2Cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- 3Cut them into 3/4 inch chunks.
- 4If the cucumbers are not super-firm, place the chunks in a colander and sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon of salt. Shake to distribute the salt and let them drain for about 20 minutes.
- 5Rinse and dry.
- 6If the cucumbers are already firm, proceed with the recipe. Place butter in a medium to large skillet over medium heat. When it melts, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- 7Do not let the onion brown.
- 8Add the cucumbers and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, until the cucumbers are just tender.
- 9Add pepper and, if you did not salt them earlier, salt. Turn heat to low, then stir in the cream or yogurt and a good handful of dill.
- 10Stir until well blended, then serve, garnished with more dill.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.1
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 3618.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g