Recipe by Fritz Willie
I had some left over creamed corn and decided to try it in a breakfast dish. This what I came up with.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 6 ounces bacon or 6 ounces sausage or 6 ounces chorizo sausage
- 4 ounces cheese, of your choice (shredded)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon, sausage or chorizo and crumble. Sauté onion, jalapeno and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Do not over cook.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- Add to the creamed corn and stir till it is mixed.
- Add half the cheese to the mixture.
- Stir again.
- Add the meat and stir again.
- Melt butter in ovenproof non-stick skillet. Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook on top of stove on low heat for 4 or 5 minutes.
- When the edges start to curl a little bit, remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Dust the chili powder over the cheese.
- Place in a 375 degree oven until top is bubbly and center is no longer wiggly.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Cut in pie shaped pieces.