Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another new recipe I might try for Thanksgiving this year...
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- Cook cream cheese and milk in medium saucepan on medium heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Add cream-style and thawed corn and half of the green onions; stir.
- Cook 4 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and remaining green onions.
I used this recipe as a base for a "dressed up" version. I added a bit of green pepper and red pepper and some finely minced onion and portobello mushrooms. It was delicious but I think next time I will add some egg and breadcrumbs to make it more of a pudding.
I used this recipe and my family really loved it. I wanted it to taste fresh like we used to make when I was a kid, and it didn't taste fresh like that, but I should have known better, since I wasn't using fresh corn! :( Still it was very good and very easy, and I will make it again!
We have a 5 star resturant in town that my husband said had the best creamed corn he now says this is the best in the world. It is extremly easy and you don't need a special occasion to make it.