1/1 Photo of Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
Sarah in New York's Note:
I make this very often. It's one of the first recipes I made when I got married and I'm still making it. It's great for using up left over chicken and very easy to make. This is a favorite in our house!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 11x7 baking dish and set aside.
- 3Chop the onion and saute in butter until tender in a large skillet.
- 4Combine all the rest of the ingredients in with the onions except the cheese and biscuits.
- 5Spoon mixture into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven.
- 7Arrange biscuits on top and sprinkle cheese over everything.
- 8Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly. (About 20 minutes longer).
- 9Helpful tip: If you are in a hurry, use biscuits that are already cooked. Just set them in the mixture and cook for about 5 or 10 minutes instead of 20. They will soften and you can never tell the difference!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.5
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 1064.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g