I make this very often. It's one of the first recipes I made when I got married and I'm still making it. It's great for using up left over chicken and very easy to make. This is a favorite in our house!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 11x7 baking dish and set aside.
- Chop the onion and saute in butter until tender in a large skillet.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients in with the onions except the cheese and biscuits.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange biscuits on top and sprinkle cheese over everything.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly. (About 20 minutes longer).
- Helpful tip: If you are in a hurry, use biscuits that are already cooked. Just set them in the mixture and cook for about 5 or 10 minutes instead of 20. They will soften and you can never tell the difference!