Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I make this very often. It's one of the first recipes I made when I got married and I'm still making it. It's great for using up left over chicken and very easy to make. This is a favorite in our house!
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 11x7 baking dish and set aside.
- Chop the onion and saute in butter until tender in a large skillet.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients in with the onions except the cheese and biscuits.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange biscuits on top and sprinkle cheese over everything.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly. (About 20 minutes longer).
- Helpful tip: If you are in a hurry, use biscuits that are already cooked. Just set them in the mixture and cook for about 5 or 10 minutes instead of 20. They will soften and you can never tell the difference!
Just as I thought, you only publish the reviews that say it is a great recipe. My response was far from favorable and I suppose that is why it didn't get published. I will remember that the next time i look at one of your recipes and decide NOT to make it.
I love what the pimento did to the dish-we all did! I made half the recipe giving me 3 1-cup servings but made my biscuits on the side. Served with a green salad. Made for Family Picks, ZWT5.
Originally reviewed on Jun 18, 2008. Edited on Aug 30, 2008 to fix typos. Finally a recipe like this that doesn't contain peas and carrots. This is exactly what I have been looking for, for a long time. A kind of Chicken and Dumplings recipe baked in the oven that is easy to make. I made it with chicken thighs. I didn't cook them ahead of time. I poured the gravy into a square baking dish and put the two thighs on it on one side of the baking dish. It worked out really well. I will definitely be making this whenever I am in the mood for it. It is comfort food. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT-4 Eastern Europe.