Recipe by - Carla -
A delicious blend of chicken stock, potato and scallions from your garden!
Top Review by duonyte
This soup differs from other potato soups because of the lemon. I liked it, the picky one did not. So you might want to consider adding the lemon individually to serving bowls, if you think you may have a similar situation. Easy to make, and the ingredients are always handy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 ounces scallions, white parts only, chopped
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped scallion, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onions.
- Cover and cook over a very low heat 10 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add the potatoes and the chicken stock.
- bring to a boil, cover nd simmer over a medium low heat 30 minutes.
- Cool soup slightly and purée in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan and add the cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste; reheat soup gently and stir frequently.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve each bowl garnished with freshly chopped scallions from your garden.