Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious blend of chicken stock, potato and scallions from your garden!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 ounces scallions, white parts only, chopped
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped scallion, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onions.
- Cover and cook over a very low heat 10 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add the potatoes and the chicken stock.
- bring to a boil, cover nd simmer over a medium low heat 30 minutes.
- Cool soup slightly and purée in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan and add the cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste; reheat soup gently and stir frequently.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve each bowl garnished with freshly chopped scallions from your garden.
This soup differs from other potato soups because of the lemon. I liked it, the picky one did not. So you might want to consider adding the lemon individually to serving bowls, if you think you may have a similar situation. Easy to make, and the ingredients are always handy.
Wonderful soup! It has a nice silky texture and is the perfect thcikness. The scallions add a nice delicate onion flavor. I used my immersion blender to blend it almost completely smooth. The lemon juice added a nice touch. Thanx for a great soup!
I would give this soup 10 stars if I could. So elegant and rich. My 14 year old made this with ease. The only thing she did different was not add the lemon since we had none on hand nor did she puree the soup as we wanted the soup a little chunky tonight with the rainy weather outside. Thanks for another great recipe Carla!