1/1 Photo of Cream of Cilantro Soup
This recipe posted in honor of "We are Family!" ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, take 1 bunch and wash,stems removed and leaves chopped (Remove 6 T. from the other bunch to set aside for garnish)
- 1 (32 ounce) can low-sodium low-fat chicken broth or 1 (32 ounce) can low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1In a food processor puree the cilantro with 1 cup of the broth, and blend to smooth.
- 2In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and whisk in the flour.
- 3Slowly add the remaining broth, whisking to smooth.
- 4Boil, while whisking, for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in the cream cheese, cilantro mixture, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Ladle into bowls and offer garnishes at the table.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Cilantro Soup
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.1
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 540.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth