Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This simple soup gets its creamy texture from a roux rather than cream, making it healthier and appropriate for a more-than-once-in-a-while treat.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped salted cashews
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and saute the celery and onion until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, milk, and chopped cashews and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve garnished with a sprinkle of paprika. Serves 4 to 6.
This soup is BEAUUUUUTIFULL!! If you love cashews, you will love this soup, they are very prominent in this recipe. I grinded my cashews briefly in food processer, powdering some of them and leaving some of them chopped ruffly and I thought it was great for the texture. Simple is good!