I love soups in the fall and winter! Here's how I make one of my cream of broccoli soups. Sometimes I vary it adding cheese. Very easy to make. I love it with warm, chewy bread for dipping! A very filling, hearty meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan.
- 2Cook shallots in butter until soft.
- 3Add broccoli, potato and garlic.
- 4Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 5Add stock and bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 6In a food processor, process mixture to a puree.
- 7Return to puree to pan, and add cream and nutmeg.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Reheat over low heat.
- 10Ladle into bowls and serve with warm crusty bread if desired.
- 11*Bowls can be garnished with fresh grated parmesan or sharp cheddar cheese of desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.7
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 178.3 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: