Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love soups in the fall and winter! Here's how I make one of my cream of broccoli soups. Sometimes I vary it adding cheese. Very easy to make. I love it with warm, chewy bread for dipping! A very filling, hearty meal!
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Cook shallots in butter until soft.
- Add broccoli, potato and garlic.
- Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a food processor, process mixture to a puree.
- Return to puree to pan, and add cream and nutmeg.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reheat over low heat.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with warm crusty bread if desired.
- *Bowls can be garnished with fresh grated parmesan or sharp cheddar cheese of desired.