I found this in a local newspaper. I tried it out on a night when my teenage daughters had a house full of friends over for a movie. I managed to grab a piece before the dish was grabbed and the bars inhaled. Delicious!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 9 x 9-inch square pan.
- Mix milk, lemon peel and lemon juice until thickened.
- Mix remaining ingredients until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbly mixture in pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until set.
- Spread milk mixture over baked layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture on milk mixture.
- Press gently into milk mixture.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until edge is golden brown and center is set but soft.
- Cool completely.