Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
A pocket of frosting inside chocolate cupcakes makes an indulgent and delicious surprise
- 18 1⁄2 ounces betty crocker supermoist devil's food cake mix
- 1 (18 ounce) containerbetty crocker whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs. Cool 10 minutes;.
- remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon frosting into corner of resealable heavy-duty food-storage plastic bag.
- Cut about 1/4 inch off corner of bag. Gently push cut corner of bag into center of cupcake. Squeeze about 2 teaspoons frosting into center of each cupcake for filling, being careful not to split cupcake.
- Frost tops of cupcakes with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each cupcake.