Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Turkish in origin. Soaking time is not included in times.
- 1 lb dried apricot halves
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- If apricots are whole, cut them horizontally to make 2 flat halves.
- Soak apricots in warm water 2 hours to soften. Drain.
- Combine sugar, 1 cup water and lemon half.
- Boil until syrupy, 225-230 F on candy thermometer.
- Add apricots and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Fold 1 cup almonds into cream.
- Arrange apricot halves in single layer, inner side up.
- Dollop cream mixture onto 50 percent of apricot halves.
- Cover with other 50 percent, like sandwich.
- Sprinkle remaining almonds and pistachios over tops.